Court Appointed Volunteers
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Volunteers advocate for the best interest of a child or sibling set. Because of the nature of their work, CASA volunteers undergo extensive screening and training. While CASA Volunteer's work is challenging at times, we encourage you to explore it with an open mind. You are likely more qualified than you think, and local children need your support. CASA Volunteers are required to meet several standards, including:
- Time Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Training: 30 hours of initial training, and 12 hours of annual training
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years old
We also recruit and support other skilled volunteers who help by contributing their knowledge, time, skills and gifts to further the mission. This includes volunteers who help us with recruitment, marketing, social media, development and fundraising, IT work, office work, and other tasks as needed.
- Time Commitment: Flexible and varies by position.
- Training: Initial information session so that you can learn about CASA, additional on-location training as needed
- Age Requirement: No set requirement